btn toggle

Galerie

 

The Great Mill
Opposite St. catherine’s Church is the (;reat Mill built by the Teutonic Order in l.3o1. lit order to drive it, tite Order built a high dam and caused tite iast flowing water of the river Radaune to flow through tite canaititus formed b several arms through the (‘ity. The Mill appears today almost in tite same iorm as ‘iten it was built and it is still used for the grinding of corn.

Quite near by is tite Guilditail of tite millers with its carved .,Kaìizei” — a balcony house. as entrance to tite higher stories. Ihe ancient sign of tite hostel hangs iront a beani which ends in a head of a dragon. lii tite Pieffer— stadt. lacing tite mill, is tite Altstiidtische Rathaus built by Antony van Obbergen in 15S—95,

 

Danzig Report Vol. 1 - Nr. 48 - July - August - September - 1985, Page 35.


Hits: 1953

Added: 17/06/2015
Copyright: 2024 Danzig.org

Danzig