FORGERY NO. DR-4
1. Typographic overprint
2. Lower-right of I) is too flat.
3. All lower-case letters about 1/2 mm too high.
4. Opening of a is too large.
5. Vertical strokes of n are not parallel.
6. Loop of the z is too low.
7. Total length of Danzig is too long (19 mm instead of 18), tip to tip.
8. Horizontal bar is 18.3 mm instead of 17.6.
Origination point is probably Berlin. Known only in blue color
FORGERY NO. DR-5
1. Plump typographic overprint
2. Vertical line of D goes thru loop. None of the genuine overprints show this point.
3. Vertical strokes of n are not parallel.
4. Top line of z is thick.
5. Total length of Danzig is 1 mm too long.
6. Lower -case letters “dance” on base line.
7. Lead-in line of a is shorter than usual.
8. Lower loop of z is too large and too thick.
9. The i is too broad below, too small above.
Probably a forqery lirLm Danzig (Ley). Known to be in deep dark blue and in metallic blue. Also in red.
FORGERY NO, DR-6
1. [.ithographic forgery
2. Vertical line of a ends in hook.
3. Left top of z is too large.
4. Dot over i is too large.
5. Ends of 2 strokes of g end in hook.
6. A diagonal line thni the horizontal bar (incorrectly closed on 4 sides) does not intersect the required number of openings between the raster lines. See page 3.
In a dull blue color that is lighter than the original.
Danzig Report Vol. 1 - Nr. 100 - July - August - September - 1998, Page 7.
Copyright: 2020 Danzig.org