btn toggle

Gallery

DANZIG  -  -  Report No. 160

Editor: John & Betty Bloecher, 1743 Little Creek Drive, Baltimore, MD  21207-5230 USA

St. George’s Brotherhood left the Artushof and built on the eastern side of the Coal Market. St. George’s hall was built by architect Hans Glotau, from 1487-94; the Langgasse Tor, 1612-14, Abraham van den Block’s project. Both were to become famous Danzig Landmarks.

The gate from the east & prison tower 50 m behind it.

*-  St. George’s Brotherhood 

*-  Langgasse Tor

Known as both Langgasse Tor & Golden Gate, this is the Gate from the west side.

 

Danzig Report  Nr. 160 - 2nd Quarter 2013, Page 1.


Hits: 2055

Added: 13/08/2015
Copyright: 2024 Danzig.org

Danzig