FORGERY NO. DR-22
1. Lithographic forgery
2. The I) is somewhat too large.
3. The upper oval of the g is too large.
4. Left side of g lower oval is an even stroke.
5. The z contains a long “nose” pointing left.
6. The i is too strong.
7. Lead-in stroke of a is too short.
7. Horizontal bar bottom in uniform lines. — 8. Point lines of the raster run horizontally.
FORGERY NO. DR-23
1. Lithographic forgery.
2. Face line of I) too close to flame line.
3. Top of z too low; right wing too long.
4. The us too strong and rounded near the bottom.
5. Horizontal bar is uneven on all sides.
6. Has the appearance of an early Danzig forgery. Also shows tip with an authentic
cancel, Danzig 1 Ii.
7. Color is usually dark blue-green-gray and a greenish shimmer from the side.
FORGERY NO. DR-24
1. A very competent typograhic forgery.
2. Color is gray-bltie to (lark blue.
3. Heiqht of horizontal bar is 2.2 mm instead of 2.0 mm.
4. Illustration shows typical shape of the sharp edges of the bar.
5. The 30-Pfq. stamp is known with color of rust-rel tone.
6. The 50-Pfg. stamp had the color of a brown-red overprint
Point of origination is unknown
Danzig Report Vol. 1 - Nr. 100 - July - August - September - 1998, Page 13.
Copyright: 2021 Danzig.org