btn toggle

Gallery

 

The three decks of the plane were the top, or flight deck, the middle deck containing the passenger accomodations, and the lower deck containing the main fuel tanks. The first test flight of the Do-X was on 12 July, 1929, taking only a few minutes over Lake Constance.. No mail was carried and no special cachets were designed for the flight.

Figure 8: The first Do-X takes off on its first test flight. Note radial air-cooled engines.

Figure 9: Historical meeting of the Do-X and the 12-127 Graf Zeppelin at the Bodensee

Figure 10: View of Danzig from the Do-X, visiting from July 6 to 13, 1932

 

Danzig Report Vol. 1 - Nr. 95 - April - May - June - 1997, Page 7.


Hits: 1864

Added: 19/07/2015
Copyright: 2024 Danzig.org

Danzig