>> THE POLISH POST IN THE FREE CITY OF GDAŃSK 1920 - 1939
>> POCZTA POLSKA W WOLNYM MIEŚCIE GDAŃSKU 1920 - 1939
7 HEVELIUSPLATZ: THE TELEGRAPH OFFICE
One branch of the main Post Office at the Heveliusplatz was the Telegraph Office, which was situated in the same building. Two telegraphs were used. one of the Hughes-type, connected directly to Warszawa, and one of the Morse-type connected to Bydgoszcz. Immediately after 5 January 1925, the day the Heveliusplatz Post Office was opened, only official telegrams could be sent. A few months later, however, private telegrams were also permitted. The normal datestamps of this Post Office were used (designated no. 1 after 1 August 1926).
Counterfoil for a telegram with four words, sent from Gdańsk to Grudziądz, at a cost of 1,12 złoty. POLSKI URZĄD P.-T. No 3 GDAŃSK e cds 24.7.25.
Counterfoil for a telegram with 10 words, sent from Gdańsk to Warszawa, at a cost of 1,13 Danzig gulden: the currency of the Free City was also accepted by the Polish Post in Gdańsk. POLSKI URZĄD P.-T. No 1 GDAŃSK e cds 15.5.31.
>> >> >>
The Polish Post in the Free City of Gdańsk 1920 - 1939, Page 78.
Copyright: 2020 Danzig.org